This unfortunate event took place in Finland. Reportedly, the owner of the smartphone has been using it for two months and has been using it when the device suddenly turned off and then exploded, burning its owner’s fingers. The user tried to take out the phone’s battery, but sparks and fire that got out of it prevented it, instead starting a small fire that thankfully quickly got put out. It is currently unknown what was the cause of the explosion; we do not know if the owner mismanaged the device nor if they used any unofficial parts in it. The latter is unlikely, since the phone was still relatively new.
The moral of this story is twofold. First moral is that modern technology will cause all of us to perish in flames; second is that, when your phone starts burning, you do not try to save it – instead, just throw it into a more or less safe place for it to burn out. After it is cold again, pack it in a fireproof case and take it to the store that you bought it from.