Sorry, Samsung, but you and your Fold did not make it. You are not the first company in the world to release a foldable smartphone; this honour belongs to the Royole and its FlexPai. The device was up for pre-orders ever since December 2018 – that, plus the fact that this is the first foldable device available on the market, combined into every single unit of FlexPai being sold out hours after the release. Sadly, we do not know the exact numbers. New units will reach store shelves on May 9th.
Currently, FlexPai is only available in China. Its price ranges from, depending on the memory variant, 8999 to 12999 juan. As for specs, here they are:
– foldable AMOLED display, 7.8′, 1920 x 1440 p resolution
– Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 CPU
– 6/8GB RAM, 128/256/512GB flash memory, 256GB microSD
– 3800mAh battery
– USB C, Bluetooth 5, LTE modem, Dual SIM, Wi-Fi 802.11ac
– weight: 320 gram, dimensions: 134 x 190,35 x 7,6 mm
– Android 9 Pie OS.