And the Darwin award goes to… I am sorry, I know that a man’s death should not be taken lightly, but I think many of us will agree that, in this particular case, an exception can be made. One Richard Bull, Great Britain, was using his iPhone while taking a bath. Mr. Bull decided that it will be a good idea to plug his device into the power outlet, so that it can charge while he bathes. It is a shame, then, that he did not take into consideration a fact that putting a wired charger on his chest while dipping in the water is a dangerous idea. Unfortunately, the worst happened and the powering cable came into contact with the water, causing a deadly electric shock. Coroner in charge of Mr. Bull’s postmortem examination released a statement, in which he said he will notify Apple of the sad event and urge the company to attach proper warnings to their products.
Usually I have a snarky comment about such ideas, but this time it is just too stupid to talk about. Yes, Apple, warn people about putting high-voltage devices into water. Maybe Cheetos should warn consumers about the dangers of rubbing their snacks into their eyeballs, too, and BMW should DEFINITELY issue a warning about not lying down before moving cars. Mm-hm.