The Huawei Ascend Y201 pro looks likely to deliver Android 4.0 to those on a shoe-string budget. If price and performance are right it could be a great entry-level smart phone for Android newbies.
The Y201 only has an 800MHz chip powering it — but it could be worse. HTC stuck a 600MHz chip in its budget Ice Cream Sandwich ‘droid, the Desire C, so I’m hopeful the Y201 will be a slightly slicker performer.
The screen is 3.5 inches across and has a resolution of 320×480 pixels — which means pixel per inch density is a fairly lowly 165. This is not an abysmally poor resolution, but the display certainly won’t be super crisp. You’ll also need to zoom in to read smaller text on webpages.
Huawei has stuck a 1,400mAh battery inside the phone — which it reckons is good for up to five hours of chinwagging or 500 hours on standby. We’ll be sure to test longevity when we get the Y201 in for review.
Specifications of Huawei Ascend Y201
General 2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
3G Network HSDPA 900 / 2100
Announced 2012, August
Status Available. Released 2012, October
Body Dimensions 117 x 61.5 x 11.7 mm (4.61 x 2.42 x 0.46 in)
Weight 125 g (4.41 oz)
Display Type TFT capacitive touchscreen, 256K colors
Size 320 x 480 pixels, 3.5 inches (~165 ppi pixel density)
Sound Alert types Vibration, MP3 ringtones
3.5mm jack Yes
Memory Card slot microSD, up to 32 GB
Internal 4 GB, 512 MB RAM
Data GPRS Class 12 (4+1/3+2/2+3/1+4 slots), 32 – 48 kbps
EDGE Class 12
Speed HSDPA, 7.2 Mbps; HSUPA, 5.76 Mbps
WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot
Bluetooth Yes, v2.1 with A2DP, EDR
USB Yes, microUSB v2.0
Camera Primary 3.15 MP, 2048×1536 pixels
Video Yes, VGA@30fps
Features OS Android OS, v4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
CPU 800 MHz Cortex-A5
Sensors Accelerometer, proximity
Messaging SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, IM
Radio FM radio
GPS Yes, with A-GPS support
Java Yes, via Java MIDP emulator
– SNS integration
– MP3/WAV/eAAC+ player
– MP4/H.264 player
– Document viewer
– Photo viewer/editor
– Voice memo/dial
– Predictive text input
Battery Li-Ion 1400 mAh battery
Stand-by Up to 500 h
Talk time Up to 5 h
How to order an unlock code for Huawei Ascend Y201 :
1. go to sim-unlock.net and choose Your Huawei model or go directly to unlock by code Huawei Ascend Y201
2. press “Unlock Huawei Ascend Y201”
3. Choose unlock product for Your Huawei ( in some cases only one product is available )
4. Enter your Huawei IMEI number and if needed other required information.
5. press “order code”
6. at shopping cart fill all needed information like name, e-mail and others
7. Pay for an unlock code
8. after average time (check how much it takes for chosen product) You will receive all codes and unlock guide to Your Huawei Ascend Y201 .
To enter unlocking code to Your Huawei Ascend Y201 You need to do :
1. Insert unaccepted sim card, power on Huawei handset.
2. If ask for block reset key, enter 4th code delivered by sim-unlock.net or unlock4huawei.com
3. When phone ask for Network unlock PIn, enter NCK code.
4. Now Your Huawei phone is unlocked.
Unlock code will be sent to email, and your Huawei will be permanently Unlocked to work on any GSM Carrier, and you can use any sim card operators such as Movistar, Rogers, O2, Orange, T-mobile, Vodafone, Telenor, Telia, Hutchison, Telenor etc.
Unlocking by code Huawei Ascend Y201 is easy, fast and cheap.
The Huawei Ascend Y201 can be easily unlock with us.
After unlocking You can use Your Huawei Ascend Y201 with sim cards from differents network like vodafone, t-mobile, O2, movistar, orange.
Why unlock Huawei Ascend Y201 and why choose sim-unlock.net ?
– we are cheapest unlocking site over the internet
– can be used each sim card from all world
– after unlock You can take advantage of cheaper tariffs from locally competing networks while abroad
– opportunity to buy a foreign SIM card in another country to avoid roaming charges
– there is no risk of damage Your Huawei Ascend Y201 by unlocking it.
– unlock your Huawei Ascend Y201 without leaving home